We are excited to announce the launch of our two-month heart-healthy campaign designed to ignite a spirit of community, wellness, and compassion. From February 1st to March 31st, we invite you to embark on a fundraising fitness journey. Participants will commit to exercising for 2.5 hours per week, and encourage friends and family to support their fitness journey by donating to the Moss Free Clinic.
For every $1 raised, the Clinic will be able to provide $15 in healthcare services to uninsured patients.
As advocates for health and well-being, we believe that everyone deserves the gift of good health, and by joining this challenge, you become a beacon of support for uninsured, underserved adults in the Fredericksburg Region, helping to ensure access to vital healthcare services.
Our goal for the Love & Luck challenge is to inspire individuals to improve their heart health while contributing to a worthy cause. As a token of our appreciation, we’ve crafted three exciting tiers of incentives for our top fundraisers:
- $150 Raised – Earns you a Love & Luck Challenge T-Shirt plus one entry into our drawing for a special prize
- $250 Raised – Earns you a Love & Luck Challenge T-Shirt plus two entries into our drawing for a special prize
- $500 Raised – Earns you a Love & Luck Challenge T-Shirt, plus three entries into our drawing for a special prize and an invite to the Post-Challenge Party
Thank you for taking part in this inaugural online fundraising event. We are energized by your dedication to ensuring healthy hearts for all! With a lot of love and a little luck, together we can change lives and promote equitable access to healthcare.
Feeling up to the challenge? Register to create your team page today!
Tips for a Successful Fundraiser
- Set a goal – Consider your potential for completing the challenge and the number of lives you can touch through your fundraiser. Once you decide on the amount you’d like to raise, communicate that goal to your network of family, friends, and colleagues. Setting a goal creates a sense of accountability and will keep you motivated throughout the challenge.
- Promote your fundraising page – Once you register to create your fundraising page, a custom URL and QR Code (mouse over and click the pencil on the top right of your page for code) will be generated. Share the URL and/or QR code with your family and friends in as many places as you can! Social media, email, and text messages are all great channels for telling people about your fundraiser and encouraging them to visit your page to donate.
- Share Your Why – Your story related to our Moss Mission will help to build a trusting bond with those supporting your challenge. Whether it’s a personal connection, a shared belief in accessible healthcare, or a desire to make a positive impact in the community, your “Why” will inspire others to take action.
3 Ways to Stay Motivated
Discover the exciting side of this challenge – the best part? No limits on the type of exercise! Experts reveal that just 150 minutes – or 2 1/2 hours – of heart-pumping aerobic activity each week can keep your heart in tip-top shape. Think brisk walks, invigorating runs, refreshing swims, pedal-pushing cycling, lively tennis matches, and even the sheer joy of dancing. It’s completely normal to feel low on motivation at times. Here are three quick tips to help you kickstart your engine when you need that extra push. Let’s turn those “I can’t” days into “I conquered it” victories!
1. Make it easy for yourself – Working out first thing in the morning? Set your gear out the night before so you can jump out of bed, throw your clothes on, and go. Tight on time between workouts and other commitments? Prepare your post-exercise meal in advance to seamlessly fit into your routine. Speaking of, routines eliminate guesswork and pave the way to achieving your goals. Sticking to a consistent routine helps your body and mind adapt to a regular schedule, making it easier to form a habit.
2. Reward yourself – Once you establish a new routine, treat yourself for sticking with it! Rewards, no matter how small, can reinforce positive behavior and make the routine more enjoyable. Maybe it’s a warm cup of coffee after your morning run or a soothing mindfulness session after cycling, dedicating time to indulge in a tasty treat or fun activity as a reward for completing your weekly challenge will give you a positive and sustainable approach to your heart-healthy journey.
3. Remember your “Why” – When you don’t feel motivated, it can be helpful to remember your “Why.” Your “Why” is the deeper meaning and purpose behind the Love & Luck Challenge. Having a clear understanding of your “Why” can shift your focus from obstacles to opportunities and help you develop a growth mindset. To harness the motivational power of your “Why,” take some time to reflect on your goals and identify why these objectives matter to you. This exercise can increase your drive and commitment to the challenge.
“A lifestyle change begins with a vision and a single step.” – American Olympic Runner, Jeff Galloway